Monday, March 28, 2011

Growing and Growing and Growing...

I guess some could say that my baby is on the Large side...the very large side!  He is only 5 months old and is already wearing a size 12 months.  Yes that's right...12 months!  He is about 29 inches long and about 21 pounds.

I had got tons of clothes for the baby during the babyshowers that I had.  Some were newborn size...that lasted the baby about 2 weeks max.  The next size was 0-3 months...did last about a month I would say...then 3-6 months...about another month.  For some reason he 'skipped' 6/9 months and went to 12 months in no time!  The sad thing is that because I had got so many clothing items...some of the things that no longer fit him still had tags on it!  I have clothes put away that are still brand new.  My baby just kept growing.

I do have some clothes that are 9 months but because they snap at the bottom, they don't always fit.  The clothes say 26 to 28.5 inches...Jesse is 29 inches.  That .5 of an inch does make a BIG difference.  With the buttons that snap right under the diaper....things get a little snugged.

So...big tip for people that are going to babyshowers...buy big clothes! Trust me the parents will love you for it!  The small clothes are nice but won't last long!  Only very few people gave me clothes past 9 months.  I remember opening a gift with clothes that were 12 months and thought...okay this person is crazy! OMG was I so wrong.  That's all my baby is wearing right now!

So clothes are not a big problem.  My thing is that people, including me, forget how small my baby is.  I mean they forget how young he is!  He is only 5 months....yeah from the outside he might look like he's an 8 month old baby...but he's not!  I always get the surprised look from people when I tell them how old my baby is.  Yeah he's big in size but he's still my baby boy!

No comments: