Thursday, August 12, 2010

They are starting to come in...

Everyone is super excited about the soon-to-be addition to the Pierce Family.  This is our first child and the first grandchild on both sides.  At our jobs...everyone there is super excited as well.  At my job...they have seen Oscar and I date...marry...and now about ready to have a child.  Its like they have seen me grow up within the last 5 years.  Its the same thing for Oscar.  He started working at his job a little after high school.  They have also seen him grow up.

Gifts have already started to come in from his co-workers.  Some of his co-wokers have retired this year or only worked the summer season.  Since the baby is due in October, gifts have been brought home!  They want to make sure they get their gifts in on time before the baby is here.  We have received home made blankets, home made hat and booties, a baby book (which I love), Dodger clothes (that's almost a for sure thing from everyone), and a gift card. My co-workers have already told me of gifts that they have purchased for the baby too.  They are actually planning a baby shower for me at work...so I know I won't see any gifts from them until that day.  That's the only thing they want to keep a surprise!

I know that our family has already started to purchase things for the baby as well.  I know the baby is going to be loved...I just hope he won't be spoiled...but being the first nephew and grandchild on both sides...its going to happen! 

Oscar and I are so thankful for anything that we receive.  I am just so surprised at how people who know Oscar...on a co-worker level would be so generous with what they are buying.  It shows that they consider Oscar's friendship valuable.    I guess what I'm trying to say is that...I never knew how much people actually cared for us.  I didn't know that we actually came to someone's mind to make them think about getting a gift for the baby.  I makes me feel good inside...and I know when the baby is here...he will make everyone else feel good inside too!   

No comments: