Sunday, August 15, 2010

Weekend Overview

Weekend Overview

I couldn't wait for the weekend to start...but as fast as it started...its now ending.  I had put in 4 hours of Overtime at work this past week and was in need of some rest.

My Saturday started by sleeping in until 8 a.m.  I'm not allowed to sleep in any longer than that.  My day has to start at 8 a.m. on the weekends, no other choice.  I have a schedule of insulin and eating and testing to follow each day...and no I don't get weekends off from that.  If I don't follow my schedule, my caseworker is on me the following week for not doing so.

So back to my Saturday...I got a call from my mom early that morning asking if we wanted to go to a swap meet.  Honestly, we don't buy anything!  We might purchase household cleaners and snacks to eat during the walk...other than that, we really go just to do some walking.  This is also our time to catch up on all the gossip.  Its like therapy for my parents.  Oscar walks off with my dad and I'm walking with my mom.  Its funny really.  At the end of the walking...Oscar and I talk over the gossip to try and get everyone's side of the story. 

Sunday, we started our morning by going to Church.  We have been going and its really good.  I could tell that Oscar doesn't have such a strong background in the Catholic Faith...but with a little help, he's getting there.  I have been going to church since I was little.  I know it really didn't mean all that much to me back then.  Now that I'm about ready to have a child of my own, its time for my faith to be restored.  I know that majority of the reason why I didn't end up in trouble or pregnant when I was younger was because I went to Church.  I want my child to grow up the same way.  I know Oscar is starting to realize how important it is to have faith.  The way I feel about religion is that...it doesn't matter what someone believes in...I mean yes as part of Catholic Faith it is believed that everyone should belong to it.  I believe that as long as you have faith in some kind of faith out there...you should be fine.

The weekend ended with home-made bacon cheeseburgers and fries.  Snack was some fruit cocktail...the sad part...we get to start the week again tomorrow.  Next weekend is full of activities already!  I can't wait. 

2 comments:

Eric said...

Lol, we're the same way at the swapmeet. Nicole buys cleaning supplies and I buy dried fruit!

I'm glad everything is good with you guys.

angel6033 said...

Gotta love WEEKENDS!! It's coming up again!