Monday, August 23, 2010

Weekend Overview!

My weekend was good overall.  I did enjoy my weekend besides little speed bumps along the way!  

On Friday, we went to dinner with my the In-laws (BIL (both), MIL, and future (always knew she would be) SIL).  It was my MIL's birthday so we went to Mimi's Cafe.  I got home at normal time and started to get ready.  I told my husband that we needed to stop and put gas in the car...at that time he decided to inform me that we had to stop and pick up my MIL.  We left and made it to the gas station.  I then realized that I did not have my debit card with me!  I had it in my jeans that I wore to work...I had changed my jeans when I got home.  My husband had cash on him to pay for dinner and wanted to use that to put gas in the car.  I was unsure how much dinner would be so it was just best that we went back home to get the debit card.  Exactly at 5:30 his mom calls him to let him know that she is ready to be picked up at the market.  Her reason for wanting to be picked up was because she said it would be dinner time that we would be going and that there wouldn't be any parking...considering that when we got there about an hour late there was a full row of parking available...We had to call her back and let her know about our gas station and debit card issue.  Oscar told her to either wait for us or go on her own...I'm sure she didn't have a problem finding parking.  Dinner was good although I thought the table we were sitting at was a little too small for the 6 of us. 

On Saturday, I had made plans to go and get a Mani & Pedi done as we normally do every other week.  I had woke up and as soon as I started walking around, I noticed that my legs didn't feel right.  They had a tingle feeling all the way up to the knees.  I really didn't pay attention to it and started to get ready for the day.  Oscar drove me over to my sister's so we can go...she promised me Olive Garden so she would have to come back down to my area and drop me off.  When I got to my mom's house, my feet were so swollen, they looked like a ball with toes!  I still wanted to get a Pedi so I went to get a 'snack' at Mickey D's and went to the nail place inside Wal-Mart.  I told the lady that I wanted the Mani & Pedi special.  She told me to pick a color and wait a few minutes.  Two other girls show up that asked for the same exact thing...she then told them the same thing.  After 2 minutes of them waiting, they were seated to get their Mani started!  I was so pissed off!  The two girls that sat down were of the same race and spoke the same language as the girls in the nail place!  Now, I'm not saying that had anything to do with it...but really it didn't look like I was first in line to get anything done.  Yes I was standing there eating my 'snack' but I still could have been seated!  I got upset and told my sister that I was leaving because "they sat their asses down before me".  The girl doing my sister's Pedi tried to call me back but I ignored her and kept on walking.  My mom and I started to look at the swings for the baby at Wal-Mart.  She told me that she wanted to take me to Babies R US to let me pick out the swing I wanted.  I told her that Oscar and I were going to Bergstroms.  It is a store in Anaheim.  So we went out there and I picked out a swing.  My baby also got some clothes thanks to my mom and sister!  The day ended with a BBQ at my mom's house...it was a good day.

My Sunday also included a BBQ but this time with Oscar's family!  Oscar and I didn't make it to church that morning because we wanted to make sure my feet weren't swollen so we could make it to the BBQ.  I did manage to get a Mani & Pedi done before the BBQ.  I went to a new place and really didn't like it...I mean I love the way my nails came out...but the place didn't look very clean.  They had carpet all in the place and there were nail clippings everywhere.  I still got them done and might consider going back if I get pissed off again at the other place.  We made it to the BBQ and had a good time.  The food was good and so was the strawberry cake!  It was hot and my leg did go numb...but over all it was a good Sunday.  Too bad today had to be Monday!
 

No comments: