Thursday, March 4, 2010

Restricted in more ways than one!

Now that I have a 'Shrimp' floating around inside of my belly, I'm on a strict diet.  Since I am a diabetic I have to count carbs! I hate it so much! First of all I was taking pills to control my sugar levels.  Now I am on insulin! I hate it but its the best thing.  If I'm on the pills it will pass over to my Shrimp.  If I'm on the insulin, nothing will happen! So by process of elimination I'm on insulin.

I am only able to have a total of 30 grams of carbs for my morning breakfast and morning snack.  I'm allowed to have 60 grams of carbs for lunch and 30 grams for lunch snack.  I am allowed to have 60 grams for dinner and then 30 for bedtime snack.  So all together I get 3 meals and 3 snacks.  The numbers look like alot but really, its not!  2 slices of bread count as 30 carbs.  That means if I were to make a sandwich...2 slices of bread already knock me down to 30 carbs.  I'm talking about a plain sandwich...not one with all the veggies...cause believe it or not...some veggies have carbs too! Tomatoes have carbs and I'm only allowed to have a small tomato!  I don't have a choice cause my Shrimp is counting on me...but DAMN its hard.  Not to mention...I can't eat Pickles anymore! Last night Oscar took my BEAUTIFUL jar of Pickles out to the trash can.  I told him that if he went outside with my pickles that I would lock him outside!  He didn't  believe me...until I said it over and over.  He went into the room to go and get his keys before he went outside.  I did not talk to him after he came back in....well besides calling him some not-so-nice names! I tried my best not to talk to him! 

2 comments:

angel6033 said...

aww, sweetie I can only imagine how much tougher this food thing just got now that you are carrying a little shrimp :). but on the plus side you are being healthy for that baby and along the way it will help you as well..it will get easier as it goes by, by the time you have the baby, you will be so used to eating good, youll drop the baby weight plus more :)..Ia m sorry about your pickles :(

Nicole said...

Nooooo not the pickles! =( arent there any healthy alternatives!? Anyway you can do this! youre a mommy now! so its all about your lil baby =D