Friday, March 12, 2010

You see the parents by the way the kids act!

I was at Knotts Berry farm enjoying my day! We were in line to buy a funnel cake and there were 3 pre-teen/teenager girls in front of us.  One of the girls put her arm on the hand rail.  There was gum all over the hand rail.  She was wearing a sweater but the gum still got all over her.  I got her a napkin to help her remove the gum.  One of her friends was going on and on talking about who ever did that was rude and shows no respect for things.  The girl that got the gum on her was starting to feel embarrassed and told the other girl to keep quite.  I agreed with the girl that was saying that people were disrespectful and should know better and I told her that she was right.  She even pointed out 2 trash cans that were about 3 steps back from where we were!  My next thought was....OMG her parents taught her something good!  Her parents showed her right from wrong and it shows in her actions even when her parents are not around.

I remember growing up, my parents would always show me right from wrong.  I'm not saying that I was an angel but I knew to stay out of trouble.  I really think it has to do with the relationship that you have with your parents.  If your really close to your parents and you actually care about not breaking their heart...then your going to choose to do good.  If your not close to your parents and your more to yourself...you might not try as hard to please your parents.  That's just my opinion.  I'm not saying that is the way it is for everyone...I'm just saying that's the way it was for me.

No comments: