Wednesday, February 10, 2010

All you need is someone to talk to.

So today my mom and I went to dinner. I noticed an older man sitting alone. He sat there ordered his food and ate. Every time the waitress came around, he would ask for something and before he could finish what he was saying...she would walk away. It looked like no one was interested in what this man had to say. I sat there thinking to myself...he's alone...all he's looking for is someone to talk to....he's not looking to have a dinner. His dinner came with a dessert.  Another waitress came around to ask him which one would he like....and then it happened...a SMILE! The waitress stood there to talk to him and ask about his dinner and how about a dessert...and that's all it took! 

Sometimes I sit and think how life would be when I get older. My life is great right now and wouldn't change anything. The sad part is that people have to die...its a part of life. Oscar always tells me that he wants me to pass first...his reason is so that I won't be alone. I mean that comment could go either way...I could kill him for saying that he wants me to die first....or I could love him cause he knows it would hurt me to be alone...

1 comment:

angel6033 said...

wow, I tell you death seems to be something that keeps coming up in my life here recently, its kinds creepy that you wrote this, lol, Anyway I think most men want their wife to die after if they are at an older age, because lets be honest most men could not function without their wife specially if they are older like 60+. I have worked a lot with the elderly and usually its better for them to die first so they dont have to deal with being alone, I had never heard of a man that wanted his wife to die first, but I guess he is being sweet by not wanting to leave you alone..