Monday, February 1, 2010

Learning to Pick and Choose!

So I have already told my husband that I would take him and pick him up from the night club that him and his co-workers are going to. I have even offered to drive some of his co-workers to and from the club so they don't have to worry about having a DD. I made it clear to him what I expected of everyone. However, they would have to go by my rules.  

My rules are simple.
  • I can only take 3 people in my car
  • They must meet here at my apartment
  • Be on time
  • They are responsible for a ride to and from their house to my apartment both before and after the night club.
 I really don't think those are really hard rules to follow. So after talking with Oscar, things started to get heated! I had started to make comments about one co-worker that always takes her husband with her. I really don't think that this co-worker likes to take her husband but I think he is the jealous type and doesn't let her go out on her own. I have no clue why....all of the co-workers are female and maybe 2 or 3 guys! When Oscar goes to co-workers only functions, I always end up hearing that it was co-workers and 'Sam'. The sad part of this is that now the co-workers include Sam as part of the group...and I'm sure when he's not there....they ask....'Where's Sam?' My issue is that I don't like to hear about Oscar going out to a co-worker function and hear that someone else took their spouse. I know almost all of Oscar's co-workers. They were all there at our wedding! I mean don't take it wrong, I don't care of Oscar goes out with his co-workers or friends. I'm fine with it. I just don't like to hear about how other spouses were there when I was sitting at home. So that didn't go over well with Oscar. To find out this girl said that her husband is staying home....yeah that's what she says right now...wait until he finds out that they are going to a night club!

Then there is another co-worker...we will call her Nancy! I do respect this lady because she is older but I really don't like to go out with her. Oscar and I went out with her and her guy friend once...and never again. First of all, we HAD to pick them up at her place. Her car is newer than mine! So fine, we picked them up. We were at this pizza place watching a band that another one of Oscar's co-worker's was in. Oscar went to buy a drink for himself and I. She seen me with my drink and yelled out to Oscar, 'Where is my drink? Aren't you going to buy me one?'. I was like....huh?...Didn't you come with a date? Doesn't he have money to buy you a drink? I was hungry and decided to order a pizza and chicken wings. We got a table and the pizza shows up. Nancy yells out to her guy friend "come and sit down, the pizza is here". I was okay with it....lucky I got a large pizza! The bill came and no money was  being handed over. We did get a 'thank you, that was good' but nothing other than that. I didn't know I was buying pizza for everyone! In that case I would have ate dinner before or told Oscar that we should have ate before without them. After fronting the bill for Nancy and her date, buying her a drink, and driving them all over, they still wanted to go to the 'after party'. We ended up going to the co-worker's house for drinks....the one that was in the band. I did only have one drink that night because I was the one driving. When we get to the house, they did offer me another drink. I didn't want to drink....then Nancy is like 'why don't you want to drink?' before I could have yelled out 'cause I have to drive you and your man's ass home', I just said that I wasn't drinking anymore.

I'm not saying that he shouldn't go or that I'm upset about him going cause really that's not it. It was just that as soon as I started to tell him what I expected from the ones that I was driving it was turning into a mess! Oscar shut me out with the 'forget it'! The thing is that I have a reason to say what I have to say.  I have been through it for already 6 1/2 years! I already know what to expect. The thing is that when I did start to say everything and how it normally goes....Oscar didn't want to hear it. However, Oscar is able to say the same kinds of things to me....and I always get the "I'm just telling you" speech.  Well now I'm just telling him and it doesn't sound to good to him to hear the "I'm just telling you" speech huh...So, instead of staying mad at him for shutting me up with saying that he didn't want to hear it....I decided that it wasn't something to start a fight over. So, I'm learning what is worth fighting for. I'm working on okay with staying at home while another co-worker takes her husband....I'm fine with driving Mrs. Daisy, paying for her dinner and drinks.....I'm fine with it cause there isn't a fight between me and Oscar.......I'm learning.....but DAMN its really hard not to want to kick someone's ass over this!

2 comments:

angel6033 said...

that is so unfair and I totally understand I have fel this way before. I am totally on your side ;)..

Nicole said...

It sounds like too much of a hassle the whole ride thing. I think if its a couples thing then it should be couples but if its a co workers thing everyone should respect that and leave their crazy jealous significant others at home! I think there are better ways for the hubby to "handle" the "forget it" part. Good Luck =D