Sunday, July 11, 2010

I don't have the "Look" yet!

So I am about 25 weeks (6 months and 1 week) into my pregnancy.  Anyone can look at me and easily say I don't look pregnant at all!  I wasn't thin and fit before I got pregnant, so I did have some extra weight and I guess you could say some room for the baby to grow.  Due to my medical condition I am on a diet.  I eat 3 meals a day and 3 snacks a day...this is way more than I'm used to eating!  I even get to the point that I don't want to eat but if I don't eat...then I take the risk of a low blood sugar.  In the middle of the night my blood sugar has dropped to levels in the 40 range.  I'm lucky that the baby reminds me of a bathroom break at 1 a.m. by kicking my bladder.  I really think that if I didn't wake up in the middle of the night for a bathroom break, I might not be waking up at all with blood levels like that.

According to WebMD I should have gained about 10 to 14 pounds by now.  I have GAINED LOST 2 pounds since I have found out that I was pregnant.   I have lost up to 4 pounds at one time.  My weight is like a yo-yo each time I go to see the doctor.  I can loose 2 pounds one month...gain 1 pound the following month.  I have asked my doctor so many times about my weight and how I'm not gaining.  Overall its a good thing that I'm not gaining weight.  I will have less weight to loose after the baby or I may even return to my pre-pregnancy weight, if not less!  The baby's growth is on track and yes, he IS gaining weight.  I honestly think that if I gain anymore weight from now until the end of the pregnancy, its only going to be the weight of the baby.


At times, I do think that I'm missing out on the whole pregnancy feeling and physical part.  I mean I still have a baby inside...kicking around, I just don't have the 'normal' weight of a pregnant woman.  I don't have the big round belly or anything like that.  I have even been told by others...some days you look pregnant and some days you don't.  I guess I'm looking for the "I'm not fat, I'm pregnant" look.  Only 3 more months to go...we'll see how big I get! 

1 comment:

angel6033 said...

hey girly! glad to hear overall everything is ok and on track, and dont be surprised if at the end you "pop" out lol, my sisters both had that happen to them, they gained it all the last two months,on the bright side, less baby weight to worry about when it's all set and done.