Wednesday, July 7, 2010

So the Depression did set in...

So when I first found out I was pregnant in March, I was in denial.  Oscar and I were trying to get pregnant for about 14 months.  Every website, including WebMD, said that if I did not get pregnant within the first 12 months to seek medical help.

I did see my doctor before the 12th month for pain on my lower right side.  I had an ultrasound done to see what the issue could be.  I went back a week later to get the results.  She did say that everything was fine but that my uterus was slanted towards my tummy.  She said that it wasn't normal but not uncommon.  Then the words came out of her mouth that put the depression into place. She said that I would have a less chance to get pregnant.  So already being considered a potential high risk pregnancy which gives me less of a chance of getting pregnant...shot my dreams down to an almost little to no chance of getting pregnant now knowing that my uterus wasn't perfect. Oscar had called me after my appointment and as I was telling him everything that she said, I broke down crying.  How can you tell your husband that the dream we had of having a family was being shot down and your the only one to blame?

Too many negative pregnancy test after, I just gave up.  I didn't go back on birth control...I just figured that a slim chance would still be there.  I had learned to accept the fact that either it was going to take me longer to get pregnant or it just wasn't going to happen.


I was expecting AF in the month of February.  I was about almost a week late.  The boobs were hurting so I figured AF was on her way just running behind schedule.  It wouldn't be the first time she was running behind schedule.  In the past, I have been up to a week late.  I had told my sister (since she is a MA) that my boobs were hurting...thinking she might have some medical advice for me.  First thing that came out of her mouth..."Your Pregnant".  The thought didn't cross my mind at all.  Later on that day my mom and sister convinced me to take a test.  As I was watching the test, the two little pink lines appeared way before waiting the required time.  I still didn't believe the test.  I was so used to only seeing one pink line (negative) that when I seen the two lines....I thought the test must have been wrong.  Considering that the pregnancy test was from the Dollar Store, it must have been wrong.  Later on that day I did test with two E.P.T. test and still got the same answer...I was FINALLY pregnant.


All the stress of trying to get pregnant...could have actually been stopping me from getting pregnant. Once I was at ease and willing to let the stress of trying to get pregnant go...I was able to do what I made myself believe was impossible.  I'm happy to say that I am now 6 months pregnant...it was a long and scary road to get where I'm at today...but all worth it.


P.S.
The slanting of my uterus had nothing to do with me not getting pregnant right away.  I had asked my OB/GYN if that had anything to do with it...he said no! Damn doctor had me all scared for nothing.

No comments: