Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Is it really worth it!

My friend got into a 'car accident' today on her way into work. She came in all huffy and puffy. She started to go on about this accident that she was in. This guy tried to get into her lane and hit her on her front bumper. She said there was no dents only some of the other car's paint got scratched onto her car. Now she doesn't drive a hot little sports car...nope she drives the mom van. Only thing is...its not a nice little new van either....its an old van! Paint is already coming off everywhere and she has so many dents in it. After she came back down to earth, she called her husband. He wanted her to call the insurance and make the report. I actually seen the 'damage' and told her to just wash her car that it would come off. Now I know that she does have a deductible of $500.  From what I seen, that's not going to cost $500 at all! She was like well no matter what he has to pay even if its just for the deductible.

Now I'm not being mean or anything  but are people really only after money these days? She was so focused on making this guy pay for his mistake that she forgot to realize that her call looked like crap already and so did the inside. Not only that but I've been in her car....she's not the best driver. When she drives us to go out to lunch we have to tell our manager that we are taking an extra 30mins cause of the way she drives....that's just bad. I really don't see how her damage was so serious.  I mean when the tree feel on my car at work...yeah I did make them pay for it...but that was a tree.  I had a broken windshield, roof was dented, side door was dented....yeah i had a right to ask for the money. I'm sure she wouldn't like it if it was the other way around. BTW the guy was driving a new Mercedes and paint got on his bumper too...but he didn't ask for her information cause to him it was no big deal....not one got killed...but its like she wants to kill him by taking his money!

No comments: