Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sense of Direction!

My parents have always taught me to know exactly where you are at all times. You have to be aware of your surroundings at all times. You pay attention to where you are going and to where you are at. Make a mental note of how to get out of a building. I'm not saying it in a way to panic about things. You just always need to be ready for whatever comes next. I'm not sure if my husband missed that lesson when his parents were teaching it or what.

Last night we were out at Chuck E Cheese in Pico Rivera.  I drove over there and he was going to drive back. From our place to Chuck E Cheese you would make a total of 3 left turns and 2 right turns and that is directly from our drive-way to turn out. He could not make it home if his life depended on it. I just thought....are you really serious? We are in Pico Rivera....where he also has family living...yet he wouldn't be able to get home. I did start to yell discuss about knowing your surroundings and how important is it when you are driving.  If for some reason the car was to run out of gas....the next thing you would need to do is remember where was the last gas station you passed. My husband will actually fall asleep in the car when someone else is driving. I did inform him that it was best to stay awake and to see what exactly is going on around him. I don't know maybe its just me.  I mean...that's just like someone being a passenger asleep and getting into a car accident....your going to get the question...."Did you see anything?".  No sorry I was asleep. WTF?? I have been in one too many accidents during my life and I don't think I'm over reacting.  I just think that part of being an adult, you know where you are at all times. 

1 comment:

angel6033 said...

you would be a perfect travel buddy!! I agree about being aware of your sorroundings at all times:) that is a good things to grow up with specially as a woman.