Wednesday, January 20, 2010

When it rains, it pours!

So this morning on my way to work there was some lite rain. I was afraid of the flood areas on the street....so I stayed at the speed limits. I wasn't doing my normal 50mph to 60mph on the streets. I wasn't but that doesn't mean that others didn't either. All of the other cars splashing on my car didn't make it any better. So I made it to work in once piece! Yay Me!

On the way home, it was a different story. The rain was coming down hard! As I was walking out of the building, I did hear some thunder! Boy was I scared! The gas level in my car was okay....but tonight is when my husband takes my car to work. I didn't want to get stuck with 'E-Nuff' gas like last time, right Honey? I stopped to put gas and it was pouring at that time. Just my luck I was near the drains.  With the wind blowing as hard as it was....the waterfall from the drains decided to get all over me. Serious give me some shampoo and I would have been taking a shower! So there I go on my way....

One reason why I was only driving 30mph...I seen a small car stuck in the flood waters in my lane.  I had to move over to the next lane. It was so bad everyone was following everyone. At this time there was NO ONE going 50mph or 60mph at all on my way home! The sad part is that my husband had to go out to work again. He works nights on Mondays and Wednesday. I really hope the rain can wait until he gets back home. Don't get me wrong...I like when it rains...but not when it rains really hard so that there are Tornado warnings like yesterday!

1 comment:

angel6033 said...

I can not belive whats happenig over there, man you poor people. all I can say is stay safe, and I hope all hti horrible weather leaves quick!