Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lesson Learned about Washing clothes

This weekend the husband and I decided to go out to wash clothes. Normally we wash at the apartment but we can only wash one load at a time. We had so many things to do this weekend, so we figured we should get it all done at once. The plan was to go early in the morning....that didn't happen! We didn't get there until 11:30 ish. There wasn't that many people when we got there...which was good. 

We get in and start to figure out what we would be doing. Two ladies are folding their clothes. This girl is going on and on to the other one on how she left her baby's daddy. She said she was able to make it on her own...pay her rent and still have money for her addiction. Really she said that. Oh yeah, her ex man's name was Spider...so yeah that gives you a mental picture of what she looked liked.  Anyways they were finished and they left. Happy they were gone!

Most of the time when Oscar washes, our clothes are washed separated. We used the big washers so we were able to fit more clothes in them. Last time I washed....I remember that there is a load for whites, colors, and darks. Oscar believes in whites...and everything else. As you can tell we had issues there! After awhile I just gave up...finished up my clothes and let him finish up his.

Everything was going good....then they showed up! A husband and wife couple...which actually they looked and acted like brother and sister...eww.. Anyways they show up with their mother. This family was a very religious family. The mother had different pins on her related to her religion. She walked with a cane and had a neck brace on. She voice was just getting to me and she was up in everyone's face! She kept asking if we were using different things there...and we were like OMG if you see my stuff there...then I'm using it! We got the clothes into the dryers and were so happy that we were at least half way done.  I couldn't take hearing the mother and the couple any more...we didn't even fold the clothes. We just put them in the baskets and left.  Some of my clothes didn't even finish drying. I had to finish drying them at home. I was just so happy to get out of there...never again...unless we go so early in the morning that we are the only ones there! Lesson Learned

2 comments:

angel6033 said...

oh I totally agree, I hate going specially when there is lots of other people it really does suck, oh well like you said lesson learned lol :) ! Hope that other than that you weekend was amazing!!

Nicole said...

lol eric & I figured out we couldnt do laundry together on the 1st weekend we moved in together!! We just have different views on how to laundry! However we DO agree on going super early to avoid crazies! =D